SPORTS INJURY PREVENTION
Injuries suffered during athletic events are not always preventable, but there are steps you can take to minimize your risk.
- Start a conditioning regimen before the season begins.
- Properly stretch muscles before every practice and game.
- Only use equipment, pads and helmets that are in good condition.
- React to pain immediately by notifying coaches or trainers of an injury.
- Technique is key in preventing injuries. Improper technique increases risk.
- Stay hydrated with water and sports drinks containing electrolytes–avoid carbonation.
If you suffer a sports injury, seek emergency care if necessary, then CONTACT US for a complete evaluation.